Sunday, March 23, 2008

the ball just keeps on rollin'

Everyday there is something new. A new issue that arises with him and has to be dealt with. This is very hard on everyone. My step mom bought him another car last week, which she already regrets. Two days ago, he was driving around, and drinking, he ended up hitting a parked car, totaling his new car and fleeing the scene. Apparently, he came back to the scene hours later and talked to the police and was able to avoid getting a DUI, or hit and run. Ever since then, hes been on one of his “lows”, as my step mom calls it. When hes “low”, he will hang around the house and sleep all day long and through the night. This will last for three to five days. On is “highs”, he will be up and about all the time, usually for three to five days. During this time, he wont sleep at all, and will spend his time doing really weird things. This has a very big impact on my family, because people are constantly worrying about him and what hes going to mess up next. Its really hard to have an actual conversation with the guy. He will start saying things that don’t make any sense, and when he does it, he tries to sound as if hes talking very intellectually or as if hes really smart. In reality he just looks like an idiot. Another issue is food. Anytime that I buy anything, I have to hide it in random cupboards from him so that he wont eat my food. No matter how many times he is told that something doesn’t belong to him, it just goes in one ear and out the other. He has no regard for others, and absolutely no impulse control. A couple of months ago, there was a guest staying upstairs at our house, so him and I had to share a bathroom for a couple weeks. I cant even begin to explain how mad I was when I caught him using my toothbrush. A week later about eighty percent of my socks went missing along with some other clothes. He does this stuff because he feels like it, and this is only the tip of the iceberg. All the guy does is piss people off, and makes absolutely no effort to change any of his ways. He has a mother who loves him, and has gone so far out of her way to get him the help that he needs, but shows her no gratitude for anything that she has done for him.

3 comments:

Fcwulff7 said...

I really like this blog. It seems more personal, but that is up to the writer to share. I think this is directed towards people who can relate. The blog is catchy and I kept reading.

The Anonymous Writer said...

Hey!I really enjoyed reading your writing so I hope you keep it up.

tgbjrmontara said...

ya, thanks for reading..this blog is definetely targeted towards people who can relate, although ive had trouble finding similar blogs...